I keep on finding weird coins at work, and they aren’t anything special, but I have a tiny little collection now and I find them so pretty and so fascinating I’m afraid I’m going to become a weirdo who collects coins if I’m not careful.
So far I’ve found a 20 cent euro coin from both Germany and Austria, 1 euro coin, a 10 cent euro coin from the Netherlands, a James Garfield presidential dollar coin, a 1939 wheat penny, and a 1944 20 centavo coin from the Philippines. They’re kind of cute.
- Buttoning and shirt and tying a tie correctly and neatly. Also ironing shirts.
- Buying any kind of espresso drink from a cafe, and watching it being made. Bonus: latte art.
- The Japanese tea ceremony.
- The moment before an orgasm.
- Playing a song on the piano perfectly from memory without thinking, with your eyes closed. (Have not done this one in years.)
- The moment after you see lightning, and wait for the thunder to come.
- Wearing an outfit so carefully crafted that it feels like a costume. A costume in which you can do anything.
- A hand placed firmly around the neck, or the back of the neck, or below the neck, with force.
- The satisfaction of mowing grass, and the small of it, and the way it stains old shoes.
- Driving through deserts. Driving through mountains.
- Being surrounded by loving people and feeling terrified and small and ashamed.
- Showering, then sleeping naked, then making breakfast naked, then walking about the house naked.
- Crying because of a song because of a memory because of a person that you don’t care about anymore.
- Feeling the aftereffects of a strong dream throughout the day.